Here is a fantastic recipe for those who struggle to tolerate grains. Sunflower Seed Pancakes can be used as a breakfast dish, topped with Sugar-Free lemon curd (page 126 in Erica White’s Beat Candida Cookbook), or drizzled with coconut milk and sprinkled with desiccated coconut. Try it as a wrap for an easy lunch, stuffed with shredded salad and hummus, mashed fish or seed butter. You can even use it as a grain-free, gluten-free chapati alternative. Pull off pieces of the pancake and use it to eat the mild Butternut Curry
Sunflower Seed Pancakes
Ingredients – makes 6
- 50g finely ground sunflower seeds
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of water
- A little extra virgin olive oil for cooking.
- Combine ground sunflower seeds, eggs and water and whisk well
- Heat a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil in a good quality frying pan. Many stainless steel pans are non stick if heated well first, or try a ceramic non-stick pan.
- Pour a small amount of the batter into the pan. Tilt the pan to cover the base evenly.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the top of the pancake no longer looks wet.
- Gently loosen the pancake from the pan with a spatula, and carefully flip over
- Cook the other side for a minute until it can easily slip from the pan onto the plate