This golden vegetable pate is a flavoursome soft pate which is packed with vitamins and antioxidants. Use it to top a low carbohydrate roll, or as a dressing for salad. The rich flavours of the roasted vegetables mean that you don’t need to add any herbs, spices or seasoning to enjoy this pate. Adapt it by using the vegetables you have available.
The golden vegetable pate contains no protein, so this is fine if using it with one of the low carb roll recipes, which are packed with protein. If you want to use the pate with oatcakes or as a salad topper, where no other source of protein is available, you can add into the pate 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds when blending.
Golden Vegetable Pate
- 1 cup diced butternut squash
- 1/2 large or 1 small courgette, peeled and diced
- 1 white onion, peeled and diced
- 2 florets cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 orange pepper, deseeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Optional – 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- Place all the chopped vegetables and garlic in a pan with the olive oil. Add a lid to the pan.
- Cook the vegetables over a low heat stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft – about 20 -30 minutes.
- Allow vegetables to cool and then place in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add herbs or seasoning if you like, but this isn’t necessary
- Place in a jar and refrigerate of several hours.
- Use as a spread for crackers and low carb rolls, a vegetable dip or as a salad topper.