If you have used coconut flour in baking you will have found that it has the capacity to be rather dry. The cauliflower in this recipe for Coconut Cauliflower Bread introduces some added moisture to help overcome the problem of dryness.
Keep it Easy!
Most recipes for a Coconut Cauliflower Bread use cooked cauliflower rice. However, in my effort to reduce work load and make recipes as quick and easy as possible, I have found it works equally well with raw cauliflower. if you don’t have a food processor you may find it easiest to cut the cauliflower into florets, steam and then mash finely, before adding the remaining ingredients.
Same Ingredients – Two Methods
Depending on the finish you prefer, you can make this Bread in two ways. Separating the eggs and whisking the whites first, results in a very light, rather ‘cakey’ finish. Simply blending all ingredients together produces a firm ‘bread’ which can hold a topping. This is perhaps the better option if you are packing a picnic or lunch box.
Add the Flavours You Like
I have left the recipe plain, enjoying the subtle sweetness of the coconut flour and cauliflower. You can of course, add herbs and spices to create the tastes you like. Try adding some garlic and finely chopped rosemary for a delicious savour bread to accompany a salad or soup. Alternatively, add some cinnamon or mixed spice to make a cake alternative suitable for the ‘anti-Candida’ diet.
Coconut Cauliflower Bread Ingredients
- 1 cup of ground raw cauliflower OR 1 cup of cooked and mashed cauliflower
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (check it doesn’t have sulphur dioxide added)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
Method -Light Coconut Cauliflower Bread
- Separate eggs, and whisk egg whites to form stiff peaks
- Blend by hand or in a food processor the mashed or ground cauliflower with egg yolks, and coconut oil.
- Add the coconut flour and baking powder. Beat well if not using a food processor.
- Add a spoon of the egg whites at a time, and carefully fold in, retaining as much air as possible.
- When well combined, spoon mixture into a loaf pan lined with non-stick baking parchment, rubbed with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 30 minutes, until top is golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before cutting and serving.
Method – Super Quick Coconut and Cauliflower Bread
- Combine all ingredients together in a food processor or mixing bowl and blend or beat thoroughly.
- Pour batter into a loaf tin lined with non-stick baking parchment. This doesn’t need to be oiled as well.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 30 minutes until the top is golden and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- This is firm enough to be served without waiting for it to completely cool.